Budget Pet Care

BudgetPetCare.com

Unemployed Take Your Pet Blinders Off


No text today from your favorite pet saying they’re not feeling well. However, they may be sending you signals something is wrong. Are your pet blinders on or off?



Looking back at my favorite cat,Supa, I can honestly say my pet blinders were on. Supa was my pal, companion, and travel buddy when I moved from Ohio to Florida. He definitely was a one person cat that did not want to be picked up by anyone or cuddled. He could be quite mean if he didn’t want to be bothered. Due to his disposition, his distancing himself could at times seem normal. It wasn’t. Something was off.


Just before he disappeared I was preoccupied with personal problems. When problems arise we sometimes fail to see other important issues surrounding us. Unfortunately, that was the case with Supa. My neighbor mentioned that he seemed listless and different. Of course, I dismissed this as just being a little extra tired…getting older.


My neighbor may have been right. While basking in the sun on the porch one morning, Supa disappeared. Flyers covered the small town in Florida as I frantically tried to find him. He would never have just wandered off without returning unless something was wrong. Months passed. No Supa. No closure.


Yes, there are many scenarios as to what may have happened to him. In my mind though looking back there may have been signals that I didn’t pay attention to. He was sleeping more, a little more picky in his eating habits, and more cranky than usual. I didn’t notice the signs at the time. I was told Supa may have wandered off to die.


In any event, there is a solid learning lesson here. Don’t let your personal problems form blinders as to what is happening to others, including your beloved animals. When habits change suddenly or gradually it may be time to take a closer look.


Our animals give us a lot in return for the little that we do for them. Let’s do all we can to help them live a long and healthy life.


This article was originally published at Medium.com on December 25, 2019.Writers'
----------------------------------------------------------


For those of you unemployed, it is a challenge financially to take care of yourself and your family. Taking care of your dog or cat is also a responsibility that must be met.

Most cities have charitable clinics that offer services at a much lower rate than the general veterinarian's prices. In addition, there are many online sites that offer pet products at a reasonable amount. I have a link at the top of this blog to Budget Pet Care (free shipping) that you might want to check out. Great prices, free shipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment